The Utah OSR Land Co-op is well underway.
• The 1,245-acre property with 2,800 acft of water is under contract.
• Wells are being drilled or brought back into service.
• A 4-acre pilot Hemp project of 6,000 plants has been instigated by 4 shareholders.
• A design & production team has been assembled to head up the manufacturing group producing small farm implements for growing industrial hemp.
• The second round of soil and water tests are due back next week.
• The survey is well underway.
It is exhilarating participating in a project as it transitions from concept to reality. As with all projects of any size, it takes a tremendous amount of energy to start the ball rolling. Once the ball starts rolling, it takes on a life of itself. Just like a small snowball will increase in size as it is rolled down the hill. New friends and associates are being gathered in OSR as it starts rolling forward and increasing in size.
Our following Super Saturdays, May 18th and June 15th will be hosted at the property. There will be tours, service projects, presentations, and workshops. Each activity clearly focused on creating 2+ acres of self-reliance for a family. Come take a look, even participate in the transformation of land into a community of self-reliant like-minded neighbors.
Philip J Gleason