It is exciting to watch everything that is happening at Operation Self-Reliance.
• Four of the Beehive Broadband’s administrative and engineering teams met with Eric Eades, Floyd Yorgason and me at the Riverbed Ranch last Friday. This meeting was successful in verifying the resources available to provide highspeed fiber-optic internet to the project. Work to obtain the needed easements from the BLM and Toole County has begun. This is great news for all.
• Elisha Goodson has engaged with the 4-H Utah State University Extension Group. They are excited to partner with the Academy in bringing the resources that they have available to enhance our Hands-on Workshops and participate with us as we create our campus infrastructure at the Ranch. One of our first projects is the 24 station state-of-the-art ropes course that we have engaged Benjamin Allen of CLAS Ropes to build for us.
• Dr. Yorgason continues to work on establishing the OSR K-12 Charter School, as well as coordinating efforts with Michael & Sarah Vezzani and others regarding grants and funding for our seven special support projects. These projects include the Academy of Self-Reliance Campus, the OSR K-12 Charter School Campus, the Assisted Living/Retirement Home, the Whole Health/Life Coach Clinic, the Child Rescue & Young Mothers Homes, along with the Equine & Canine Therapy Barn.
• Tiffany Daumueller, Jenny Jones and others working with the OSR Women’s Group have created a forum for the OSR women to meet and socialize while discussing needs and concerns associated with transitioning from our city lifestyles to a culture of self-reliance.
• The 1,000 Tree Initiative for a better and healthier world is underway at the Riverbed Ranch with our sights on next year’s 10,000 tree initiative. Brenda Christensen, the Vezzanis and Jesse Fisher, with the help of many others, are organizing and spearheading these events.
• Meetings with the Utah State Department of Natural Resources, US Department of Agriculture, County Extension Agencies, Juab County and private corporations have been and continue to be held.
The above is just a part of what is currently taking place. Operation Self-Reliance is happening. OSR is coming alive, providing opportunities for those that want to become self-reliant with like-minded neighbors. We extend our gratitude to the many people who are helping and supporting this amazing work of reestablishing our agricultural foundation for a happier, healthier people. Our invitation is to all who want to join us in OSR the next frontier.
Philip J. Gleason